Why a Mobile Website is More Important Than Ever
- By 2013, more people will use mobile phones than PCs to get online.
- Mobile searches have grown 400% since 2010.
- 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly site as it is easier to navigate and faster to load on their device.
- 64% of users only look at the ﬁrst page when conducting a search on their smartphone.
- 87% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 89% take action as a result by making a purchase or contacting the business.
- Smartphones are critical shopping tools with 69% of users having researched a product or service on their device. 20% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone.
Source of Statistics: Google Whitepaper: Our Mobile Planet (Canada)
How a Mobile Site Differs from Your Regular Website
If your website is not mobile-friendly, your website will likely take longer to load on a mobile device and will not display the entire site within the mobile screen without scrolling. This inhibits the user’s experience in navigating the website quickly to find what they are seeking.
With proper set-up, when someone finds your website using a mobile device it will intuitively show them the mobile site and the full version of it on a computer.
Depending on the size of your website and the features you would like it to have, developing a mobile website starts at $1500 including development, design, testing, and installation.
Contact us to get a few samples of mobile websites we have created recently and for a custom quote for your mobile website.