Job Type: Full-time
Digital Content Marketer oversees marketing initiatives, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement and leads to our clients’ online platforms. You are an expert in all things related to content optimization, brand consistency and user profiling. You are a true strategist, able to set objectives and measure the results of content campaigns, and drive recommendations to consistently improve results.
Digital Content Marketer will work closely with our SEO, Analytics and Creative departments to orchestrate successful content marketing initiatives.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why;
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Editorial Calendar
- Developing functional content calendars throughout key themes and strategic objectives;
- Determine the right format for the right content (text, video, infographic,…).
- Copywriting and Editing
- Supervising the work produced by writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style;
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile and video;
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Content Performance Measurement
- In partnership with the Analytics department, conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness;
- Gathering data and handle analytics;
- Make recommendations based on results to ensure continuous evolvement of strategy.
- Key Performance Indicators
Success criteria for the Digital Content Marketer include:
- Increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.);
- Website and social media traffic growth;
- Conversion metrics definition and growth;
- Increase in key search engine keyword rankings.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field;
- 3-5 years of experience in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.);
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.);
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience;
- Online marketing optimization experience.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language;
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics;
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it;
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content;
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types;
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns;
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, etc.;
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, etc.);
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly;
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control.
Working At Mediaforce
Office Life: A casual environment that supports flexible/hybrid (home-office) schedules. Staff are encouraged to work in whatever way helps optimize project/product delivery.
Compensation & Benefits
TBD (Commensurate with experience)
How to Apply
We look forward to meeting you and discovering why you’ll fit in perfectly! Please send your resume (in PDF format) and three current professional references to [email protected] We will review applications as they are received. Please include samples of your work.